Oh, the allure of long, full lashes. They enhance the eyes, bringing added depth and intensity to the so-
called windows to the soul. It’s hard to deny the heart-melting effect of a pair of long lashes delicately
lowered and raised. But what if your eyelashes are thin or not as long as you’d like? You don’t have to
forgo beautiful lashes, nor do you have to wrestle with temporary “falsies” every day. Eyelash
extensions, one of the hottest beauty trends among Korean celebrities, offer a fantastic alternative to
If your lashes aren’t as long, lush or dark as you’d like, then you can use lash extensions to add volume
and length. The look created by the extensions enhances the natural quality of your lashes. Beauty
professionals use an adhesive, safe for your eyes, to apply false lashes to your lash line.
Benefits of Eyelash Extensions
You can wow your boyfriend with your “no makeup” face!
Unlike false eyelashes, you don’t have to apply these every day.
It’s not permanent, so if you change your mind or want them to look different you can easily do
It’s 100% natural looking. If it doesn’t look like your real lashes, we’ll give you your money back!
Types of Lashes
Eyelash extensions are as varied as the lashes they attach to. You can choose from a variety of lengths,
colors, and thicknesses. You may opt for a natural look or perhaps you’d like something glamorous or
dramatic. Lash extensions are made from three different types of material: synthetic, silk, and mink.
They are available in sizes ranging from 6mm to 17mm.
Types of Extensions
Individual Lash Extensions
Individual lashes are individual eyelash extensions. These are applied one by one to each separate
eyelash. The length of the procedure depends on the number of eyelashes being applied, but it usually
takes between 1 and 3 hours. After the lashes are applied, most clients require weekly touch ups.
Cluster Lash Extensions
As the name suggests, cluster lashes are clumps of lashes held together in “v” shape bunches. Clusters
are much easier and faster to apply than individual lashes since they don’t need to be done one at a
time. They are available in various lengths and thicknesses.
Colored Eyelash Extensions
If you’re looking for a little extra glamour, lash extensions can also be bought in ombre, rainbow, peekaboo, and more.
Applying a full set of lashes can take 1-2 hours depending on the person. This is because each person will need a different amount of lashes and can expect to have anywhere from 30-80 lashes per eye. Individual lashes are applied one at a time using an FDA approved semi-permanent glue. This formula is designed in a way that does not damage the natural lash or cause irritation to the eye. When the single lashes are applied correctly, the glue and lash extension should not touch the eyelid.
Another alternative is to have a half set of lashes done. This is more cost effective and can still achieve a stylized look.
Since everyone’s lashes are different, the length and thickness available to each client will vary. Starting out with a half set can be a great to find out what look will last and work best with your natural eyelashes.
Lash extensions are waterproof and achieve the look of wearing mascara without the messy smudges and clumps of makeup.
Lashes normally last 3-4 weeks and are supposed to stay on until they naturally fall out. The amount of time the extensions will depend on how often you rub your eyes and your use of oil-based makeup removers. Oils will weaken the bond between the lashes and the glue. To maintain full Lashes you will require monthly lash refills. Follow these instruction to get the longest life out of your lashes.
Do not let your lashes get wet for at least 2 hours before having extensions applied, 48 hours is best. This allows for the best bond possible since it is difficult for the adhesive to attach to moist lashes. You can roll up a dry washcloth and place it over your eyebrows to stop your extensions from becoming totally saturated.
- Rub your eyes or pull at your lashes.
- Scrub hard around your eyes.
- Wear regular or waterproof mascara, it can damage your lashes. Only use special mascara designed for lash extensions, and only remove it using methods approved for lash extensions. Ask your eyelash extension specialist for details.
- Apply false eyelashes on top of your extensions.
- Use a clamp-style eyelash curler. They can damage your extensions as well as your natural lashes.
- Attempt to remove extensions yourself, you could damage your real eyelashes. Have a professional do it for you.
- Use oil-free makeup removal wipes. Oil can affect the adhesive in a negative way.
- Always clean your eye area very gently and with safe products.
- Use an eyelash comb for gentle grooming.
- Avoid extreme hot or cold temperatures and extreme humidity. Saunas, hot showers, zero-degree weather, and other extreme temperature situations can cause your extensions to not last as long if they’re exposed to it regularly.
- Talk to your eyelash extension specialist for advice if you have any questions or concerns.
- Love how your eyes look with your new and improved lashes!